By default, Switch Center is collecting network nodes by using SNMP protocol. The nodes information is collected from the default gateway that configured on the platform that runs Switch Center and from the network segments that connected directly to Switch Center platform. There are some cases that SNMP protocol can’t be used like unmanaged remote networks or specific secured private networks. In that case Switch Center can discover nodes MAC and IP addresses information from Microsoft DHCP servers that used by the remote unmanaged or secured networks computers.
These are the required settings to enable nodes discovery from Microsoft DHCP servers:
1. From the main menu select the Options >> Settings screen and click on the Nodes icon.
2. From the Discovery Options section, enable nodes discovery from DHCP servers and click over it.
3. Set the preferred DHCP servers IP address or name by using the Add button.
4. Set the preferred DHCP servers administration account that will be used for logon.
5. Click the OK button to save the servers addresses and logon information.
6. Click the Save button on the bottom of the screen to save your settings.