By default, Switch Center is using only single SNMPv1/2 public community, for collecting information from network devices. There are some cases that this community needs to be changed, or other communities need to be used to manage devices with different SNMPv1/2 community strings. Switch Center can support any number of SNMPv1/2 communities, for managing and collecting information from any SNMP network device.
These are the required settings to enable or change SNMPv1/2 communities:
1. From the main menu select the Options >> Settings screen and click on the Snmp icon.
2. From the Additional Options section, enable SNMPv1/2 additional communities and click over it.
3. Add the preferred additional SNMPv1/2 community string and rights.
4. Click the OK button to save the additional SNMPv1/2 communities.
5. Click the Save button on the bottom of the screen to save your settings.