By default, Switch Center is trying to discover network nodes by using SNMP protocol queries, to the default gateway that configured on the platform that runs the software and to the network segments that connected directly to network cards on Switch Center platform. There are some cases that specific configuration is needed, to direct Switch Center to specific SNMP enabled network routers for collecting nodes MAC and IP addresses.
These are the required settings to enable nodes discovery from specific routers addresses:
1. From the main menu select the Options >> Settings screen and click on the Nodes icon.
2. From the Discovery Options section, enable nodes discovery from remote routers and click over it.
3. Set the preferred SNMP enabled router address as SEED ROOT by using the Add button.
4. Click the OK button to save switches routers addresses.
5. Click the Save button on the bottom of the screen to save your settings.